Filthy Scandle Burn Guide
- Never leave a burning scandle unattended.
- Always burn on a stable heat-resistant surface and away from anything that could catch fire.
- These Filthy little scandles should initially be burnt for about 3 hours to achieve a full melt pool and maximum scent throw. This will also eliminate tunneling, where the candle burns down the centre leaving wax on the sides. They should be burnt for a maximium of 5 hours at a time.
- Keep the little scandle's wick trimmed to 6mm, that's 1/4 inch for you folks across the pond, before every use and every 4 hours of burn time. If flame becomes enlarged then extinguish and trim. This reduces soot and smoke problems and prolongs the life of the scandles.
- These scandles are highly fragranced (8%), this can lead to carbon build up on the wick called mushrooming - If this occurs, extinguish the scandle, trim the mushroom off the wick and re-light.
- Keep the wax pool free of any wick trimmings, matches or other debris at all times.
- The little scandles should cease to be burned when about 12mm, that's 1/2 inch guys, of wax remains at the bottom of their container.